Bill Gates world’s richest man with a fortune of $86billion but Donald Trump falls 220 places as net worth is cut by a billion
Bill Gates Microsoft co-founder has once again topped the Forbes magazine list of the world’s richest billionaires with an estimated wealth at $86 billion while US President Donald Trump has slipped more than 200 places to 544.
Forbes attributed Trump´s drop to sluggishness in the real estate market in Manhattan which is responsible for a disproportionate amount of his wealth.
“Forty percent of Donald Trump´s fortune is tied up in Trump Tower and eight buildings within one mile of it,” Forbes said. “Lately, the neighborhood has been struggling.
Gates was followed in second place by Berkshire Hathaway chief Warren Buffett with an estimated wealth of $75.6billion.
The third spot went to Jeff Bezos, Amazon founder with a net worth of $72.8billion.
It took at least $3.7 billion in wealth to make it onto the list with the total worth of the names on the list was about $7.67trillion or about 46 per cent of the US’ GDP.
Check out the top 20 richest billionaires below…
1. Bill Gates, Microsoft co-founder: $86billion
2. Warren Buffett, Berkshire Hathaway CEO: $75.6billion
3. Jeff Bezos, Amazon CEO: $72.8billion
4. Amancio Ortega, Inditex fashion group founder: $71.3billion
5. Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook CEO: $56billion
6. Carlos Slim, Mexican telecom mogul: $54.5billion
7. Larry Ellison, Oracle co-founder: $52.2billion
8. Charles Koch, Koch Industries CEO and chairman: $48.3billion
9. David Koch, Koch Industries CEO and chairman: $48.3billion
10. Michael Bloomberg, Bloomberg co-founder: $47.5billion
11. Bernard Arnault, LVMH CEO: $41.5billion
12. Larry Page, Google co-founder and Alphabet CEO: $40.7billion
13. Sergey Brin, Google co-founder and Alphabet president: $39.8billion
14. Liliane Bettencourt, L’Oréal heiress: $39.5billion
15. S. Robson Walton, Wal-Mart heir: $34.1billion
16. Jim Walton, Wal-Mart heir: $34billion
17. Alice Walton, Wal-Mart heiress: $33.8billion
18. Wang Jianlin, Dalian Wanda Commercial Property chairman: $31.3billion
19. Li Ka-shing, Cheung Kong Holdings CEO: $31.2billion
20. Sheldon Adelson,Las Vegas Sands Corporation CEO: $30.4billion